Welcome to the IEEE Region 5 website. IEEE has organized into regions in order to support members and sections on a more local basis. Within Region 5 we have more than 23,000 higher grade members and over 3600 student members. They are aligned with 26 sections and over 90 student branches.
The Region provides planning and funding support as well as working to assure sections have vibrant programs to support members careers and meet the IEEE mission of Advancing Technology for Humanity. I hope your visit to the website will allow you to find ways to become more active.
As Region Director, it is my job to better serve the needs of all members in Region 5. If you have thoughts on how to do that, please share them as we look for ways to expand your engagement with IEEE.
J. Derald Morgan
Region 5 Director
- #ieeer5 hopes all the attendees made it home ok from #IEEESC2014 and had a great time in Amsterdam.
- #IEEESC2014 saved the best for last: Building Technical Societies... WOW (yes, there's hope for the future) countdown to finish.
- Look Alive! #ieeer5 member Ken Rice is addressing #IEEESC2014 on Section Vitality!
- Participating in discussion regarding joint Section/Student Branch interaction, session at #IEEESC2014, day 2
- great keynote on microelectronic medical development by imec ceo at #ieeesc2014 in general session.
- Closing message from Pres de Marco at #teeesc2014 "don't take 'Yes, but...' as an answer!
- All the buzz about the superb opening keynote by Daan Roosegarde @IEEESC2014 is a gr8 example of using Twitter to provide feedback.
- @ieeeCTX welcome to the #ieeer5 twitter world! Nice meeting you at #ieeesc2014
- Got an idea for a new vTool? Talk about it at http://t.co/mLU2jKFkc9 and/or at #IEEESC2014
- #ieeer5 PACE Project summary presented at #IEEESC2014. See https://t.co/HiGDGOPy5T