Welcome to the IEEE Region 5 website. IEEE has organized into regions in order to support members and sections on a more local basis. Within Region 5 we have more than 23,000 higher grade members and over 3600 student members. They are aligned with 26 sections and over 90 student branches.
The Region provides planning and funding support as well as working to assure sections have vibrant programs to support members careers and meet the IEEE mission of Advancing Technology for Humanity. I hope your visit to the website will allow you to find ways to become more active.
As Region Director, it is my job to better serve the needs of all members in Region 5. If you have thoughts on how to do that, please share them as we look for ways to expand your engagement with IEEE.
J. Derald Morgan
Region 5 Director
- Region 5 Director Elect Nomination deadline extended to 12-31-14 #ieeer5 Details at http://t.co/7y1KoCmcAJ
- #ieeer5 congratulates Baton Rouge Section member Hsiao-Chun Wu from LSU on his elevation to the grade of Fellow. Well done!
- RT @IEEEInstitute: This Friday is the premiere of #TheImitationGame, a film that depicts the life of WWII code breaker Alan Turing. http://…
- Attention #ieeer5 students and YPs! IEEE Region 6 invites you to their Risingstars conf in Las Vegas. Details at http://t.co/NMzPYPGh8n
- Nominations are open for #ieeer5 Director Elect. Noms due 12/15/14. Details at http://t.co/dVcXeJ7KK1.
- In case you have not heard, #ieeer5 competition info is being posted at http://t.co/Mo3Ksiqc81 this year. Good luck!
- RT @JEsau838: @IEEEDay @IEEEorg @ieeer5 Happy IEEE Day from the Dallas Section! #IEEEDay2014 #IEEEDay
- RT @bestatselling: #IEEEDay2014 http://t.co/o1Ip8TnpM7
- Happy #IEEEDay2014 all, but especially #ieeer5!
- One of my favorite quotes: "Science is about what is, engineering is about what can be." -- Neil Armstrong (What's yours? #ieeer5)