Welcome to the IEEE Region 5 website. IEEE has organized into regions in order to support members and sections on a more local basis. Within Region 5 we have more than 23,000 higher grade members and over 3600 student members. They are aligned with 26 sections and over 90 student branches.
The Region provides planning and funding support as well as working to assure sections have vibrant programs to support members careers and meet the IEEE mission of Advancing Technology for Humanity. I hope your visit to the website will allow you to find ways to become more active.
As Region Director, it is my job to better serve the needs of all members in Region 5. If you have thoughts on how to do that, please share them as we look for ways to expand your engagement with IEEE.
J. Derald Morgan
Region 5 Director
- Grandma got STEM (ggstem.wordpresscom) is a great site highlighting women in #STEM careers. #ieeer5 heard it on #stemchat
- @IEEEGreenTech is anyone at home?? #ieeer5 wants to know!!
- #smartcities #smartgrid and #greentech, sounds like a good combo! Catch up with webinars at http://t.co/ZkOlHNDgoV.
- RT @STEMchat: Save the date for #STEMchat with @SciGirls! Thursday, 5/21 at 9 PM Eastern. http://t.co/qYLGpkIS66
- Join #ieeer5 in congratulating Black Hills Subsection on their new website. Visit https://t.co/l4h5wOzOAh.
- #ieeer5 annual meeting pictures shared at Google+. See posting at http://t.co/wOjA5F7pjl for details.
- RT @IEEELearn: Coming soon from IEEE Continuing Education: Introduction to Cloud Computing, a free course available on... http://t.co/OcWDO…
- RT @MurtyPol: Unveiling the Engineering and Technology History Wiki http://t.co/4OpJfTSJVd ; you can contribute your own articles of histor…
- RT @gichic: Had a fabulous weekend in New Orleans at the #ieeeR5 business meeting. Who knew hanging out with a bunch of EEs could be fun?
- @SWEDallas Thanks! It did, Chris's did a superb job. She's tweeting up a storm now.