Welcome to the IEEE Region 5 website. IEEE has organized into regions in order to support members and sections on a more local basis. Within Region 5 we have more than 23,000 higher grade members and over 3600 student members. They are aligned with 26 sections and over 90 student branches.
The Region provides planning and funding support as well as working to assure sections have vibrant programs to support members careers and meet the IEEE mission of Advancing Technology for Humanity. I hope your visit to the website will allow you to find ways to become more active.
As Region Director, it is my job to better serve the needs of all members in Region 5. If you have thoughts on how to do that, please share them as we look for ways to expand your engagement with IEEE.
Region 5 Director
- New #IEEE Fellows for 2014 announced. See the 21 new #ieeer5 fellows at http://t.co/sC9hScXOnk!
- Comments have been temporarily turned off on #ieeer5.org due to lots of spam lately. Use twitter or contact form instead.
- Congratulations to the 35 students from Region 5 who were selected as PES Scholars for 2013-2014. Details at http://t.co/jBJ1RdI99R
- @TeklaPerry sounds like an interesting challenge. Do you have a link for IEEEGHTC2013?
- #ieeer5 #robotics competition now has a discussion forum at https://t.co/DP7dKDX7CA , come join in the fun!
- RT @r3ieee: Nominate for New Faces of Engineering highlighting vitality, diversity and contributions of engineers 30 or younger - http://t.…
- RT @LarsenNerdLab: Can anyone point me in the direction of programming shape detection in images in c language tutorials? #Arduino #robotic…
- Excom meeting info now at the #ieeer5 OC. See http://t.co/FitCO1MKPa #NEC Electrical Code Seminar proposal in particular.
- #ieeer5 in action in Houston, TX http://t.co/k0GahI2cYd
- @ieeer5 is up and running. #excomieeer5 being held in Houston Tx now!